[OpenSIPS-Users] Trapping parse_msg errors

Bogdan-Andrei Iancu bogdan at voice-system.ro
Mon Oct 4 18:37:21 CEST 2010

Hello John,

John Quick wrote:
> I'm testing a Grandstream GXV3140 IP phone that is behind NAT. When the
> phone is configured to send keep-alive packets to the registrar server, it
> generates errors in my opensips log like this:
> ERROR:core:parse_msg: message=<>
> ERROR:core:receive_msg: parse_msg failed
>
> I thought the solution would be to add an error route in opensips.cfg,
yes, that is the right solution
>  but
> this route is being ignored. Does the error route have to be inserted at a
> particular place in the cfg file or does it need to be activated/registered
> somehow?

no, you just have to define it.
> I'm using OpenSIPS version 1.6.2-notls. Thanks.

Looking at the logs, in your case it seams that opensips is reading
garbage from the network and not even able to parse it a a SIP message
(not recognizing the first line at all), so it cannot trigger the error
route - the error route is trigger for malformed SIP messages.