[OpenSIPS-Users] OpenSIPS with FS as load balancer

Abid Saleem abidopensips at hotmail.com
Fri Nov 26 12:57:12 CET 2010

Hi All,
I am new to OpenSIPS. We are trying to use OpenSIPS with FreeSWITCH for load balancing and High Availability. We plan to have 2 OpenSIPS servers as load balancers in Active-Standby mode and 4 FS servers for handling RTP/media and other functions.
I have two confusions.
1- Who will act as a Registrar in this kind of setup, OpenSIPS or FS. What are the pros and cons with both options.2- Who will perform B2BUA function OpenSIPS or FS?3- Is B2BUA function required in Class 4 traffic exchange only scenario?
Please help me answer these questions if someone can. Appreciate your time.
Regards--------------Abid SaleemTechnical Manager NGNTerminus Technologies