[OpenSIPS-Users] New Blink Qt release 0.2.0 for Linux

Adrian Georgescu ag at ag-projects.com
Mon Nov 22 23:47:51 CET 2010

On Nov 17, 2010, at 10:22 PM, Stefan Sayer wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Adrian Georgescu wrote:
>> First official release of Blink for Linux is now available.  The following distributions are supported:
> this looks nice. Is there a bug tracker somewhere?
>
> I have found two things:
> 1. If sip address is entered as sip:name at domain.net, blink tries to authenticate the user "sip:name" (instead of "name").

The format is user at domain without sip: or anything else in front.

> 2. if I set the audio device sample rate higher than 32 khz, the python2.6 stream seems to come and go in pavucontrol, and I get blink using 100% CPU and audio quality of calls is quite bad. this is on ubuntu karmic, quite fast dual core, audio is intel hda. As there are actually no codecs with a sample rate higher than 16khz available, possibly it makes sense to set default sample rate of the audio devices to 16 khz as well (or 32 khz).

Linux has many issues with regards to audio that manifest themselves differently on different systems. If you found that on your system setting a sample rate higher than 32 KHz causes trouble than is better simply not to set it. On my Ubuntu system it works just fine with 44100.