[OpenSIPS-Users] Unable to fetch rows from location table - Crashing Opensips

Paris Stamatopoulos mobius at realize.gr
Fri Nov 5 10:48:44 CET 2010

Dear all,

I am using opensips 1.6.1 and today I noticed something really strange. Suddenly opensips crashed and on attempts to restart it I got the error:

ERROR:core:db_allocate_rows: no memory left
ERROR:db_mysql:db_mysql_fetch_result: no memory left
ERROR:usrloc:preload_udomain: fetching rows failed
ERROR:usrloc:child_init: child(1): failed to preload domain 'location'
ERROR:core:init_mod_child: failed to initializing module usrloc, rank 1

Truncating the `locations` table seemed to have corrected the issue, however the table only had 2500 rows in it. (I've previously seen a similar bug on the pua module on 1.5.x)

I also noticed that there is a lot of memory in use on the server. Could it be that there is a memory leak in the usrloc module?

The usrloc configuration is simple:

modparam("usrloc", "db_mode",   2)
modparam("usrloc", "db_url", "mysql://DB_USERNAME:DB_PASSWORD@DB_HOST/DB_DATABASE")
modparam("usrloc", "nat_bflag", 6)