[OpenSIPS-Users] media-relay warning

Saúl Ibarra Corretgé saul at ag-projects.com
Wed May 26 08:29:47 CEST 2010

Hi Jeff,

On 26/5/10 5:13 AM, Jeff Pyle wrote:
> It seems the last mediaproxy module change was at 6704.  I backed down to 6702.  No more of these errors.
>
> Am I correct in my thinking that CentOS users, who are not comfortable with installing Python 2.5 parallel to 2.4, are stuck at Mediaproxy 2.3.8 and Opensips 1.6 rev 6702?

Unfortunately yes. I'm not sure about the exact revision number, but
since the changes for ICE support where merged MediaProxy > 2.4.x is
required.

I'm not a CentOS usr, but I did install a virtual machine not long ago
to make some tests and had to compile the entire Python 2.5:-( (i'm not
sure if there is a repo which has it though)

Python 2.4 is pretty old now, so I really encourage you to update, as
more applications may start dropping support for that version. Anyway,
if you just can't do that, you may use latest opensips and copy over
mediaproxy.c from r6702, which will allow you to use MediaProxy 2.3.8
without trouble.

What weirdness did you experience in the dispatcher side with MediaProxy
2.4.2?

Saúl Ibarra Corretgé
AG Projects