[OpenSIPS-Users] Multiple MESSAGE being sent from server

Andy Savage andy at bluewire.net.nz
Tue May 18 10:01:55 CEST 2010

Hi there,

I am having a problem using the OpenSIPs installation on the website
opensips.org (the one that's free to register for). Whenever I send a
MESSAGE it appears to be sent to the client twice. In my packet capture I
can see a MESSAGE being received from my client and then it sends a 200
response. And then another message is received and another 200 response. The
two MESSAGE from the server are exactly the same. This is duplicated with
different clients.

Here is my contact information for when I login (I've changed the IP's for
security obviously):

 *Contact:* sip:someuser at 10.0.2.15:39739;transport=udp *Received:* sip:
223.12.7.9:56650 *Priority:* n/a *Expires:* 16:47

My question is, is this normal behaviour that I have to cater for, or is it
some kind of bug? It is quite easy to cater to this (compare the previous
MESSAGE to the next and if they are the same drop them) but I haven't seen
this behaviour documented anywhere.

Could somebody out there enlighten me as to the expected behaviour?

Kind regards,
Andy