[OpenSIPS-Users] OpenSIPS Load Balancer of an Asterisk Cluster - REFER Issue

Stanisław Pitucha viraptor at gmail.com
Tue May 11 15:54:00 CEST 2010

On 11 May 2010 13:32, Paris Stamatopoulos <mobius at realize.gr> wrote:
> You get the last digit of the caller's number (0-9):
>
> $var(group) = $(fU{s.substr,-1,1});

So you're basically doing the same as a simple dispatcher, which has
the option builtin:
http://www.opensips.org/html/docs/modules/1.6.x/dispatcher.html#id271284
(algorithm 1)

I think I just realised that you're talking only about blind transfers
- and those are easy to fix. Any sensible phone will send the REFER
with loose routing to the pbx handling the actual call. If you use
loose routing on REFER, you don't have to do all the dialog tricks.

The problem I was talking about before was to do with the attended ones.

- transfer (A calls B, B calls C, B transfers) - "from" number doesn't match
- secretary scenario (A calls B, A calls C, A joins calls) - "from" matches
- any mix - transfer a transfer, etc.

As long as you stay with blind transfers, you should be able to use
the load balancer as you wish.

Stan