[OpenSIPS-Users] Advice on OpenSIPS capabilities

Dennis Cartier dennis.cartier at gmail.com
Sat May 1 21:45:31 CEST 2010

I need some advice on how suitable OpenSIPS would be for solving a situation
that I am struggling with.

I have a VOIP system (Cisco UC520) behind NAT on my LAN. I need to setup a
couple of extensions that are on the public Internet (Asterisk based). The
issue that I am trying to deal with is that the local VOIP system sends
INVITES with a private IP as it is unaware of what the true public IP is.

In my search for a way to dela with this I ran across OpenSIPS. I am
wondering if I can use OpenSIPS as a proxy and/or could I use it to re-write
the IP in the SIP packets to the proper public IP?

Any advice you can give as to how applicable OpenSIPS is to this task and if
so, which function of OpenSIPS would be best suited to this problem.

Thanks,

Dennis

--
“The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic
hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs.

Hunter S. Thompson, US journalist (1939 – 2005)