[OpenSIPS-Users] Add db_mysql module

brianpocock briankeithjames at googlemail.com
Thu Mar 25 11:29:05 CET 2010

Hi, I got it all install now thanks, Im getting an error when starting up
though:
ERROR: PID file /var/run/opensips.pid does not exist -- OpenSIPS start
failed
I have done some googling and found the opensips Where to check OpenSIPS
does not start? page and looked in my /var/log/messages file.   I found
there was a syntax error in the configuration file but thats all fixed now.
When it starts up now I still get the error but nothing is logged in the
messages file.   I have tried to start it up with opensipsctl fifo debug to
get some better error messages but when I try and run this I get this error:
ERROR: Error opening OpenSIPS's FIFO /tmp/opensips_fifo
ERROR: Make sure you have the line 'modparam("mi_fifo", "fifo_name",
"/tmp/opensips_fifo")' in your config
ERROR: and also have loaded the mi_fifo module.

I have the module loaded and the line in my config file but when I check
/tmp/opensips_fifo the file isnt there.   I touch /tmp/opensips_fifo and
chmod 755 /tmp/opensips_fifo and then when I start it up it just hangs and
does nothing so I have to control + c to terminate it?

Any Ideas whats going wrong?