[OpenSIPS-Users] OpenSIPS & OpenXCAP

Paris Stamatopoulos mobius at realize.gr
Wed Mar 24 08:58:40 CET 2010

Hello Saul,

> Are you sending any request directly to the presence server? Or do you
> mean authorization policy?

The request is being sent to the core OpenSIPS (which also works as a Registrar and SIP proxy). The core OpenSIPS performs digest authentication on the message correctly, and then forwards it to the presense OpenSIPS.

Initially I tried to have the presence OpenSIPS in a separate IP address. Say 10.1.1.2:5060, while the core OpenSIPS was at 10.1.1.1:5060.

I have in the core OpenSIPS something like:

if( is_method("PUBLISH|SUBSCRIBE|NOTIFY") ) {
  rewritehostport("10.1.1.2:5060");
  t_relay();
  exit;
}

While running as such, I noticed on the Presence OpenSIPS messages mentioning that realm 10.1.1.2 is not local, and the status of the UAs was not propagated. When I changed the IP address of the presence OpenSIPS to 10.1.1.1:5061 everything worked properly. Maybe it has something to do with the domains allowed? (I tried adding the domain 10.1.1.2 on the domains table, but I think that made things worse) I am kind of new at this, so forgive me if I am completely off :)

Regards,
Paris Statopoulos