[OpenSIPS-Users] [Presence] How to receive presence NOTIFY over TCP ?

Iñaki Baz Castillo ibc at aliax.net
Mon Mar 15 12:09:53 CET 2010

2010/3/11 Pascal Maugeri <pascal.maugeri at gmail.com>:
> Ok, good comment. Yes indeed we have a SIP proxy between the subscriber and
> opensips (which is only acting as presence server in this scenario).
> I thought there were two problems (one at proxy and one at presence server
> side). We will work on proxy side now to solve this issue.

I've the same topology working with no issues (SIP TCP natted client,
a proxy and OpenSIPS as presece-server behind it, using TCP between
client and proxy, and UDP between proxy and OpenSIPS). It just works,
but you need a keepalive system to mantain the TCP connection between
the client and the proxy.
Tipically it's done by the client who keeps it by sending a periodic
TCP message (not a SIP message but anything).

Where is your problem exactly? do you have issues to get the first
NOTFY after sending the initial SUBSCRIBE? or do the issues arise just
for subsequent notifications?

--
Iñaki Baz Castillo
<ibc at aliax.net>