[OpenSIPS-Users] keepalived for HA OpenSIPS

Gavin Henry gavin.henry at gmail.com
Sun Mar 14 23:00:03 CET 2010

Hi,

When using OpenSIPS and the load balancer module your SPOF is still
OpenSIPS. Have others had success with keepalived looking after two
OpenSIPS servers?

We have OpenSIPS in front of a cluster of Asterisk boxes for a
customer and the same setup in a different data center. We'd like to
put a keepalived in front of both OpenSIPS servers, i.e. in front of
both datacentres. But then that leaves a SPOF with the keepalived
server. We could have backup server of that two (both data centers
have real time replication between them also).

What are the best practices you recommend here?

Thanks,

Gavin.

--
http://www.suretecsystems.com/services/openldap/