[OpenSIPS-Users] [Presence] How to receive presence NOTIFY over TCP ?

Iñaki Baz Castillo ibc at aliax.net
Tue Mar 9 16:13:34 CET 2010

2010/3/9 Pascal Maugeri <pascal.maugeri at gmail.com>:
> Hi
> Using opensips 1.6 we need to have the presence module to send NOTIFY over
> TCP rather than UDP when the size of the message is greater than a given
> MTU.
> We tried to force it sending a SUBSCRIBE with transport=tcp in Contact
> header:
>
> SUBSCRIBE sip:echo123 at presence.net SIP/2.0
> [...]
> Contact: <sip:albertd at 10.1.1.24:5233;transport=tcp>
> Event: presence
>
> but the NOTIFY messages are sent over UDP (observe the "transport=tcp" in
> the request line):
>
> NOTIFY sip:albertd at 10.1.1.24:5233;transport=tcp SIP/2.0
> [...]
> Contact: <sip:sa at 213.151.105.170:6667>
> Subscription-State: active;expires=120
>
> Could you please let me know what we should do to enable the sending over
> TCP ? I don't understand what we're doing wrong.

How exactly does your topology look? Is there a SIP proxy between the
watcher and OpenSIPS (acting as presence server)?
In that case if the SIP proxy relays the SUSBCRIBE to OpenSIPS via UDP
then the NOTIFY will use UDP from OpenSIPS to the proxy and TCP from
the proxy to the watcher.

In order to force TCP also for communication between th eproxy and the
presence server you must add ";transport=tcp" to $du (better than
rewriting $ru).

Regards.

--
Iñaki Baz Castillo