[OpenSIPS-Users] Load Balancing

Bogdan-Andrei Iancu bogdan at voice-system.ro
Tue Jun 22 10:32:30 CEST 2010

Hi Luis,

To have a LB scenario, you need to have at least 2 destinations where to
send the traffic - like 2 GW.  The LB stuff is not related to users at all.

In the example from tutorial, the 6 means the maximum number of channels
(calls) accepted by that particular GW.

For User ID and PWD, you mean the credentials to connect to the carrier
(GW) ?

Louis Ferreira wrote:

> Load Balancing
>

> I need to find out if I can use OpenSips to provide load balancing for
> a single SIP registration. The example is below: This is per your
> example. How does the SIP user ID and password work? Where do we
> define the userID and password?
>
> Does this also mean that each time the pstn goes over 6 will OpenSips
> register the next connection.  Surely it is all about the id
> registration.
>

> id | group_id | dst_uri                | resources                       |
>
> +----+----------+------------------------+---------------------------------+
>
> |  1 |        1 | sip:yate1.mycluset.net <http://yate1.mycluset.net> |
> pstn=6                          |
>
> |  2 |        1 | sip:yate1.mycluset.net <http://yate1.mycluset.net> |
> pstn=6                          |
>
> |  3 |        1 | sip:yate1.mycluset.net <http://yate1.mycluset.net> |
> pstn=6                          |
>
> |  4 |        1 | sip:yate1.mycluset.net <http://yate1.mycluset.net> |
> pstn=6                          |
>

> Configuration
>
> PSTN Gateway using G729 pointing to OpenSips as a proxy and load
> balancer then the traffic is router to the SIP service provider.
>
> Louis

OpenSIPS Bootcamp
20 - 24 September 2010, Frankfurt, Germany
www.voice-system.ro