[OpenSIPS-Users] Mediaproxy not updating with new SDPs

Richard Revels rrevels at bandwidth.com
Wed Jul 28 23:04:31 CEST 2010

No need to apologize.  I'm intruding on your time.  Just wanted to make sure I didn't sit in a spam filter for a week or anything.  : >

I found I had the same problem if I used use_media_proxy in the invite and reinvite.  However, since I am assured of the reinvite on every call from this source I just set a dialog flag in the invite to indicate I needed media proxy and waited to turn it on for the first time in the reinvite.  That is doing the job for now.  I suspect most users behind a Belkin home wifi router will cause this problem.  On the particular model we have been working with, there seems to be no way to turn off the SIP ALG so it is particularly irritating.

Anyway, I have a working solution and if you find something that can fix this while still using engage_media_proxy() that will be even better.

Richard