[OpenSIPS-Users] DNS issues

Stanisław Pitucha viraptor at gmail.com
Sun Jul 25 15:02:11 CEST 2010

On 25.07.2010 07:53, Adrian Georgescu wrote:
> These are all valid points.  And DNS is not single thing that causes this behavior, any  operation can block like radius, mysql query, and the result is the same.

There's a big difference here. Mysql, radius and other
typically-blocking services are under your control. DNS servers are not.
I.e. you cannot restart them when they're down or fix them when they
have problems.

> The only feasible solution is possible with the new design that will deal asynchronously with such events. The proxy will not wait for the DNS answers in order to proceed with a new transaction.

Yes that will be good. But until any version of 2.0 comes out... do we
want to wait and be vulnerable to anyone with their own domain?
There are many ways the caching dns can be improved. That's why I'm
trying to collect information about what's out there :)

Stan