[OpenSIPS-Users] OpenSIPS as UAC and Proxy

Nauman Sulaiman nauman762-home at yahoo.co.uk
Fri Jul 23 19:19:59 CEST 2010

Hi, we have a design requirement where we have a 'home network' which acts a UA (temporary) and will proxy INVITE etc to mobile SIP endpoints. The mobile SIP endpointswont be registered and will need to be woken up by the home network using non SIP mechanism. They will inform the home network of their location once woken and the home network should then proxy the INVITE to them.
We are considering usng OpenSIPS for this but would like to know if it possible for us to do this. In order to receive the initial INVITE the OpenSIPS server will need to register on behalf of the mobile UA's and then once they are woken and their location known it needs to proxy the SIP messages to them.
Hope its clear, asterisk we don't think works for this as it creates another call leg rather than proxying the messages.
Can OpensSIPS do this?
Thanks