[OpenSIPS-Users] Mediaproxy not updating with new SDPs

Saúl Ibarra Corretgé saul at ag-projects.com
Fri Jul 23 09:13:43 CEST 2010

Hi Jeff,

> ...but I think I need to rework the config with the individual functions so I won't worry about the dialog portion too much.
>
> I've used only the engage_media_proxy function so far.  I vaguely remember examples of use_media_proxy/end_media_session in the loose route section, failure routes, etc.  Or maybe I'm confusing it with rtpproxy.  Anyway, are there any examples around of a recommended, basic implementation?  Even general guidelines would be helpful just to make sure I'm on the right track.  For example, would it make sense to run end_media_session followed by a use_media_proxy on a reply route any time an SDP is present to "reset" the dispatcher and relays to the new stream?

Currently I don't have such an example, sorry. Basically you'll need to
call use_media_proxy for the first invite and reply and then for
in-dialog invites. You only need to call end_media_session when you want
the session to end.

Some other notes:
   - You could have a late negotiation (offer in the 200 ok and answer
in the ack)
   - You could get a 180 or 183 with SDP
   - You may call use_media_proxy with an empty invite and it will just
do nothing.
   - If using PRACK you could have a 183 with SDP and after a 200 OK
without SDP. You need to call use_media_proxy in both cases. It's
harmless to call use_media_proxy with an empty 200 OK. (this was fixed
in MediaProxy 2.4.3)

Hope it helps.

Saúl Ibarra Corretgé
AG Projects