[OpenSIPS-Users] questions on localcache and memcache module

Jayesh Nambiar jayesh.voip at gmail.com
Fri Jul 16 10:49:55 CEST 2010

Hi All,
I have a requirement of storing approximately 25000 IP Addresses in Cache
for faster processing. I also have requirement of keeping the expiry period
pretty high which would be like 10 days. There are certain key-values which
might also have expiry value of 30 days, so different keys might have
different expiry time.
For the above mentioned requirement, is the localcache sufficient or
memcached server is recommended?
What should be the ideal value of cache_table_size parameter if I go ahead
with the localcache module?
Are there fifo commands available or any other way through which I can flush
the values in the cache table other than restarting the opensips service?
Are there any known issues or problems while using these modules in large
number of transactions per second traffic scenarios?

Your views, comments and help is really appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

--- Jayesh