[OpenSIPS-Users] T38 and changing media port for T38 SDP

Julian Yap julianokyap at gmail.com
Fri Jul 16 04:43:43 CEST 2010

On Wed, Jul 14, 2010 at 11:14 PM, Adrian Georgescu <ag at ag-projects.com> wrote:

>>> If the port change is present in the signaling MP will act upon it accordingly.
>>
>> I can confirm this, I'm intensively T.38 with and without Mediaproxy.
>> And YES, there are such ReINVITEs - changing IPs and Ports...
>>

> Thanks for the confirmation

RTPProxy has been working nicely for me thus far but I've introduced a
new Fax Server which doesn't play nicely with RTPProxy for some reason
:(.

>>> You only need to use a single line in your config for enabling mediaproxy so is very easy to test it.
>>
>> Please note that once you are using multiple parallel / serial branches
>> this could no longer be true, you could be forced to manually "use/stop"
>> Mediaproxy on your branch routes instead of just calling "engage".
>
> Right, no all corner cases are captured by the logic of engage method.

You mean 'Now all corner cases'?  So I would use engage_media_proxy()
and also need to implement the dialog module?

Does MediaProxy require 2 servers.  One for OpenSIPS and one for the
relay?  Dispatcher can run on the same box as OpenSIPS?  Or can it all
go on 1 server.

>> However, I'd in most cases still prefer to do so instead of using
>> Rtpproxy ;-)

Any particular reasons against using RTPProxy?

- Julian