[OpenSIPS-Users] Nat_traversal version of fix_nated_sdp()

Bogdan-Andrei Iancu bogdan at voice-system.ro
Wed Jan 20 19:02:53 CET 2010

Hi Brian,

opensipslist at encambio.com wrote:
> Hello list,
>
> It's confusing that there are two nat traversal modules, and I don't
> know which one to use. I'd rather use one or the other but not both.
>
> Because nat_traversal is newer and seems to be where most of the NAT
> logic will be developed in the future, it seems the natural choice.
> If I'm right about that,
That's not really true.

nathelper is used together with rtpproxy (as media rely), while
nat_traversal in used together with mediaproxy. Both are to be developed
as alternative solutions to the same problem (at least for the moment)

For example, I personally user nathelper :).

> then my question is:
>
>   How do I stop using the fix_nated_sdp() function from nathelper?
>   Is there such a function in the nat_traversal module, or is there
>     another way to achieve the same thing without using nathelper?

nat_traversal module provides support only for signalling part (afaik)
and not for media/SDP part.  If you need the functionality of
fix_nated_sdp(), you need nathelper module.

www.voice-system.ro