[OpenSIPS-Users] removing a media relay from service

Saúl Ibarra Corretgé saul at ag-projects.com
Tue Jan 12 09:09:20 CET 2010

Hi,

On 12/1/10 2:02 AM, Jeff Pyle wrote:
> Hello,
>
> In my configuration (Mediaproxy v2.3.6, Opensips 1.6) I have several media relays and one media dispatcher.  Today we noticed a problem with one of the relay machines and needed to take it out of service.  Its media-relay process was active with some calls.
>
> Is there a way to tell dispatcher not to send more calls to a particular relay, or perhaps to tell the relay not to accept new calls?
>
> The only option that comes to mind is some custom distribution algorithm with media_relay_avp to always choose the media relay manually, always checking the "available" relays from a db table perhaps.  Seems kinda clunky.
>
> Any better options out there?

There are two ways of stopping a relay: normal shutdown and graceful
shutdown. When doing normal shutdown all sessions are torn down and the
relay is stopped.

With graceful shutdown, the relay doesn't accept more sessions and it
will stop when active sessions are ended. This is what you probably
want, so just do /etc/init.d/mediaproxy-relay stop-gracefully

Saúl Ibarra Corretgé
AG Projects