[OpenSIPS-Users] Core Dump

opensipslist at encambio.com opensipslist at encambio.com
Fri Feb 19 11:01:52 CET 2010

Hello Nathaniel,

An jeu., févr 18, 2010, Nathaniel L Keeling schrieb:
>I have compiled opensips 1.6.1 on Solaris Sparc 10. I was able to
>compile successfully by adding the parameter "-mcpu=ultrasparc" to
>the "DEFS" compile time options in Makefile.defs, but when I
>execute opensips, it will die with a core dump. It does thru the

Both Solaris 10 Sparc or Solaris 11 x86 do core dump when trying
to use OpenSIPS 1.6.1. Nobody has seem to be able to diagnose this
correctly much less repair the problem.

If you try the same build parameters to compile 1.6.0 you will
probably find that it not only compiles correctly but runs without
core dumping as well. So much for the

    'it is recommended to upgrade, as it provides important
     stability improvements'

that they write about the 1.6.1 release on the website.

Regards,
Brian