[OpenSIPS-Users] Presence server and OpenXCAP in separate nodes

Kenneth Löfstrand kenneth at ip-solutions.se
Wed Feb 17 09:56:21 CET 2010

Hi
I'm using the presence server of opensips 1.6 in combination with
openxcap and openims. The presence server and openxcap are installed in
separate nodes and I get into a problem when the xcap server reports
that a pres-rules document is modified.

This is my scenario:
1. upload a dummy pres-rules document from two clients, alice and bob.
None of them yet allows the other
2. bob subscribes for presence.winfo
3. alice subscribes for bob's presence
4. bob receives a notify, allows alice to subscirbe and uploads the
updated xml document

In my opensips.cfg I have
modparam("xcap_client", "periodical_query", 1)
modparam("xcap_client", "query_period", 10)

causing the presence server to poll the xcap server for document changes
each 10 second. What happen when the xml document is changed is that my
presence server reports 'destination buffer too short' and 'Error while
converting value to string'.

I can see that this issue has been discussed on the mailing list before
(http://www.openser.org/pipermail/devel/2009-May/003216.html) but I
cannot see if the problem was resolved. Anyone that knows?

Regards
Kenneth Löfstrand
IP-Solutions
Sweden