[OpenSIPS-Users] Push notifications to users

Iñaki Baz Castillo ibc at aliax.net
Thu Feb 11 17:59:01 CET 2010

El Jueves, 11 de Febrero de 2010, Carlo Dimaggio escribió:
> Hello all!
>
> I'm thinking about a nice service in order to send a push notification
> to users when there is, for example, a missed call (when the device is
> not logged in) or a new message in the voicemail (like the iphone
> skype/facebook notification).
> Do you have any experience on this? Could you share any useful link?
> I would like to know what protocols, technologies should be involved
> in this process.

For notifications about voicemail messages the most common usage is MWI (RFC
3842) implemented in most of the PBX (like Asterisk) and phones.

About missed call notifications, it's not so clear. Due to the lack of a
standard for this purpose, the most common approach is using a web interface
to show the missed calls (and commonly allow a click2dial system).

--
Iñaki Baz Castillo <ibc at aliax.net>