[OpenSIPS-Users] Article on mediaproxy

Madovsky infos at madovsky.org
Wed Feb 10 14:27:55 CET 2010

----- Original Message -----
From: "Adrian Georgescu" <ag at ag-projects.com>
To: <users at lists.opensips.org>
Sent: Wednesday, February 10, 2010 5:27 AM
Subject: Re: [OpenSIPS-Users] Article on mediaproxy

> That article refers to the previous version of MediaProxy (version 1),
> which was doing about 200 calls per CPU by relaying packets in the
> user space.
>
> The current version of MediaProxy (version 2) scales several orders of
> magnitude higher because the relaying is done directly by the Linux
> kernel, which can go as fast as your network card can handle. The
> question how fast is does not really matter nowadays, is too fast for
> any practical purpose and you can always stack multiple relays to work
> together for load distribution and resilience.
>
> So the assumptions of that article are not valid anymore.
>
> Adrian

Ok Adrian, but why there are so lack of documentation of MediaProxy ?
no one answered me on this emails if it has really or not transcoder
capabilities,
I tried to make it work since 3 days now, and sometimes it works, sometimes
not,
even after followed the installation and docs meticously... Instead, I ust
installed
freeswitch, worked like a charm 1 hour after read the docs...
Sorry to say that, but the essential I think (the thought of 11 years
experience developer)
is to install and make it work easily. that is not the case (especially for
debug) with MediaProxy.
but maybe I'm wrong, so wait your answer.

Franck