[OpenSIPS-Users] Opensips Logrotate

Wesley Volcov wesleyvolcov at gmail.com
Sun Dec 12 22:32:15 CET 2010

Hey Sergio,

I'm using log/messages to log opensips messages, then I have in my
/etc/logrotate.d/syslog the follow configuracion:

/var/log/messages {
        rotate 250
        size 50M
        missingok
        notifempty
    postrotate
        /bin/kill -HUP `cat /var/run/syslogd.pid 2> /dev/null` 2> /dev/null
|| true
        /bin/kill -HUP `cat /var/run/rsyslogd.pid 2> /dev/null` 2> /dev/null
|| true
    endscript
}

It works very well to me! In my server 50M gives me arround 1 hour of log.

I hope it help you.

Cheers!

On 12 December 2010 01:36, sergio <sergio at inbox.com> wrote:

> Hello list
>
> Does anyone have any suggestions to rotate the log OpenSIPS. My log file is
> over 7GB
>
> I am setting up logrotate
>
> I'm worried about the reload I've noticed is the OpenSIPS restart.
>
> /etc/logrotate.d/opensips
>
> /var/log/opensips.log {
>    missingok
>    notifempty
>    sharedscripts
>    postrotate
>        /sbin/service opensips reload > /dev/null 2>/dev/null || true
>    endscript
> }
>
> Thanks

Wesley Volcov