[OpenSIPS-Users] terminating early dialogs with BYE

Bogdan-Andrei Iancu bogdan at voice-system.ro
Wed Dec 8 11:04:57 CET 2010

Hi Andrew,

Do you refer to the dialog module not terminating an early dialog if a
bye is received ?

I know the RFC allows it, but never be able to actually test with
something like that. On the other hand, I do not think we need to do
anything special to support BYE in early state. In such a case, even if
the dialog state machine will not be triggered by the BYE request, the
BYE will get to the callee and callee will terminate the INVITE
transaction with a negative reply (like 487 when cancelling)...So, the
failed INVITE transaction will trigger the dialog termination..

Or maybe I fail to understand how this BYE for early dialogs
works....Can you reproduce this scenario ?