[OpenSIPS-Users] Freeswitch vs Asterisk

paul.gore.j at gmail.com paul.gore.j at gmail.com
Tue Dec 7 17:29:18 CET 2010

We use freeswitch in prod alone, no opensips yet. I would say fs is definetly more scalable than *.
Stability wise seems like fs is on par with *.
* has substantially better interface for control over socket connection - it's easier to implement and it's more consistent.
Configuration wise, I think * is easier, xml- based approach in fs is cumbersome and has no real advantage over *.
We have endless problems with fs nat handling, lots of no audio issues with end users behind a nat. That's why we want to try opensips solution for that.