[OpenSIPS-Users] Doubt about provisional responses processing

Sergio Gutierrez saguti at gmail.com
Wed Aug 25 16:58:44 CEST 2010

Hi Bogdan.

This is also my doubt. Is that re-INVITE an initial request, in whose case,
it would be handled in the same way than previous INVITES, or is it a
Sequential Request.?

Or, is the re-INVITE handled at on_branch_route?

As far as I understand, that invite would be a new initial request, but may
be that is the mistake.

Thanks and regards.

On Wed, Aug 25, 2010 at 4:34 AM, Bogdan-Andrei Iancu <bogdan at voice-system.ro
> wrote:

> Hi Sergio,
>
> It may sound silly, but are you sure that you arm t_on_reply() for the
> re-INVITE also ?
>
> Regards,
> Bogdan
>
> Sergio Gutierrez wrote:
> > Hi Bogdan.
> >
> > Thanks for your answer.
> >
> > You may check a trace at http://200.13.254.180/~saguti/fax.cap<http://200.13.254.180/%7Esaguti/fax.cap>
> > <http://200.13.254.180/%7Esaguti/fax.cap> (Wireshark format)
> >
> > if you see, for example frames 6, 10, 13 and 16, have the
> > 200.13.235.178 IP address at SDP connection, because they are
> > rewritten to be handled by mediaproxy.
> > Trouble frame is 26, which is not rewritten at all; SDP connection IP
> > is the same at both sides. Frame 34 has the same symptom.
> >
> > Thanks in advance for your help.
> >
> > On Tue, Aug 24, 2010 at 11:12 AM, Bogdan-Andrei Iancu
> > <bogdan at voice-system.ro <mailto:bogdan at voice-system.ro>> wrote:
> >
> >     Hi Sergio,
> >
> >     So, for the re-INVITE you have a provisional reply before the 200 OK
> >     (both replies for re-INVITE). Is this true ? and the 200 OK does
> >     not hit
> >     the on_reply route ?
> >
> >     Do you have a full SIP trace of such a call ?
> >
> >     Regards,
> >     Bogdan
> >
> >     Sergio Gutierrez wrote:
> >     > Hello to all members.
> >     >
> >     > I have a deployment of OpenSIPS 1.5.3 whose configuration is
> >     designed
> >     > in such a way as every call uses rtpproxy. I am using
> >     > force_rtp_proxy() for initial requests, sequential requests and at
> >     > on_reply_route().
> >     >
> >     > For the particular case of FAX calls, I see that the first call is
> >     > well treated, but the re-INVITE call which enables T38 protocol,
> >     works
> >     > fine until a provisional response which I am receiving preivous
> >     to 200
> >     > OK containing SDP. This 200 OK when received on OpenSIPS is not
> >     being
> >     > processed at on_reply_route, so SDP is not being rewritten. I am
> >     > watching this behaviour on OpenSIPS log, where I see on reply
> >     route is
> >     > not being triggered.
> >     >
> >     > My question is, Is there any other place in the script where those
> >     >
> >     > Thanks in advance for your answer.
> >     >
> >     > --
> >     > Sergio Gutiérrez
> >     >

> >     --
> >     Bogdan-Andrei Iancu
> >     OpenSIPS Bootcamp
> >     20 - 24 September 2010, Frankfurt, Germany
> >     www.voice-system.ro <http://www.voice-system.ro>

> > --
> [...]

Sergio Gutiérrez