[OpenSIPS-Users] Critical Errors on dr_reload

Bogdan-Andrei Iancu bogdan at voice-system.ro
Wed Aug 25 09:58:03 CEST 2010

Hi Kelsey,

There are 2 possibilities:

1) the memory used for reloading is just enough and during several
reloads it gets fragmented so new reloads fails. You can (a) increase
the pkg mem or (b) configure DR to reload in smaller chunks - see
http://www.opensips.org/html/docs/modules/1.6.x/drouting.html#id272483

2) there is a mem leak, but let's first see if (1) solves the problem.

Kelsey Cummings wrote:
> I've had a problem dropped in my lap so please forgive my general
> ignorance with regards to opensips.  We've got a pair of 1.5.1 opensips
> servers running on centos 5.5 64bit.  After some period of normal
> operation, after some number of dr_reloads, we run into the following
> problem.  The other person working on this confirmed that it was not the
> PUA bug referred to by
> http://www.mail-archive.com/users@lists.opensips.org/msg05121.html
>
> It continues to route properly, but on the old config until it is
> restarted where it will work for some time (<24hrs) before failing
> again.  We've been unable to reproduce the problem by just reloading the
> config in a loop so believe there is some other interaction at play -
> perhaps it has to do with configurations actually being changed?  The
> pair of servers tend to hit the failure at more or less the same time -
> the updates are pushed to them automatically by our provisioning
> systems.
>
> Aug 24 12:08:52 a /usr/sbin/opensips[21838]: INFO:drouting:dr_reload_cmd: "dr_reload" MI command received!
> Aug 24 12:08:52 a /usr/sbin/opensips[21838]: ERROR:core:db_allocate_rows: no memory left
> Aug 24 12:08:52 a /usr/sbin/opensips[21838]: ERROR:db_mysql:db_mysql_fetch_result: no memory left
> Aug 24 12:08:52 a /usr/sbin/opensips[21838]: ERROR:drouting:dr_load_routing_info: Error fetching rows
> Aug 24 12:08:52 a /usr/sbin/opensips[21838]: CRITICAL:drouting:dr_reload_data: failed to load routing info
> Aug 24 12:08:52 a /usr/sbin/opensips[21838]: CRITICAL:drouting:dr_reload_cmd: failed to load routing data
>
> Any suggestions?

OpenSIPS Bootcamp
20 - 24 September 2010, Frankfurt, Germany
www.voice-system.ro