[OpenSIPS-Users] how to debug new opensips setup

erik.buelens at telenet.be erik.buelens at telenet.be
Tue Aug 10 21:11:37 CEST 2010

Hello Brett,

Thanks for you quick reply,

I did check the binding with netstat -nlp, this is correct.
I did not find a firewall.
Hard to tell is opensips is running, I see no action what so ever. I only knnow the process is there.
there is section in the main route to handle the register message:
"
route{

if (!mf_process_maxfwd_header("10")) {
sl_send_reply("483","Too Many Hops");
exit;
}

if (is_method("REGISTER"))
{
xlog("L_ERR","received an register");
sl_send_reply("200","OK");

exit;
}

}
"
I attached the start-up log, after this nothing happens any more, debug=9
I dont have the packages you suggested to trace, but I'm sure of the output of tcpdump
"tcpdump -i eth0 -X -s 2048 port 5060"

I'm lost and I know there is too little info to help, i looks like or opensips is not running or it does not receive
anything. Is there any way to have a little log info on the udp_server? On a solaris machine I would use dtrace
to see what it happening but for. The linux version of it systemtap seems a bit too complex.

Any suggestions on how i could proceed?

Kind regards,

Erik Buelens