[OpenSIPS-Users] OpenSIPS and Virtual IP implementation

Max Mühlbronner mm at 42com.com
Wed Apr 28 18:36:18 CEST 2010

Hi,

we are running a very similar setup, failover via virtual ips. There is
an option which allows you to bind opensips to this ip.

*|echo 1 > /proc/sys/net/ipv4/ip_nonlocal_bind

|*

/proc/sys/net/ipv4/ip_nonlocal_bind

    Set this if you want your applications to be able to bind to an
    address which doesn't belong to a device on your system. This can be
    useful when your machine is on a non-permanent (or even dynamic)
    link, so your services are able to start up and bind to a specific
    address when your link is down.

*|Next, you would just need to add the listen lines in Opensips to bind to this virtual ip, opensips will bind to this virtual ip even if it is not yet
available on the system. Should be working great. Hope this helps.

Max M.