[OpenSIPS-Users] BYE - 404 Not Here AND CRITICAL:dialog:log_next_state_dlg: bogus event 7 in state 2

Bogdan-Andrei Iancu bogdan at voice-system.ro
Wed Apr 21 17:18:25 CEST 2010

Alexandr Dranchuk wrote:
> Got it. My goof. after rereading RFC I found it.
> Looks like caller's device support old RFC2543 where it's allowed.
> Thus I can nothing to do with coming bogus BYE requests.

actually even from RFC2543 perspective the BYE is bogus ( in RFC2543 the
callee contact was added a last Route hdr - which is missing in your BYE ).

> One more question I got, is sometimes I got same BYE after CANCEL without
> TO_TAG
>
> so, the question is what's the best solution? Drop the BYE without TO TAG
> or continue
> forward it to PSTN GW?

AFIAK, BYE must have a totag as it is a sequential request. I would say
you can drop it (anyhow you cannot route it) safely as you already have
the CANCEL.

> Thank You very much for your previous answers.
>
> On Wed, 21 Apr 2010 15:25:41 +0300, Bogdan-Andrei Iancu
> <bogdan at voice-system.ro> wrote:
>
>> well, first of all, without a 200 OK, it is rather impossible to built a
>>

>> valid BYE. Because the BYE must contain the remove address (of the other
>>

>> party - callee here) and the Route set (all the RR headers) - all this
>> info is collected from 200 OK.
>>
>> So, the RURI in BYE must be the contact in 200 OK INVITE . The INVITE
>> and the BYE requests are differently built (first is an initial request,
>>

>> second a sequential request)
>>
>> Regards,
>> Bogdan
>>
>> Alexandr Dranchuk wrote:
>>
>>> Hi Bogdan!
>>>
>>> Sorry for bothering You, but... it's not quite clear to me why the BYE
>>> broken?
>>> for caller it's unknown callee IP, and for INVITE I call

www.voice-system.ro