[OpenSIPS-Users] Question Regarding Watchers table.

calment c.jeanne at astellia.com
Wed Apr 21 12:04:16 CEST 2010

calment wrote:

> I'm not a python expert but I have some time to spend on this issue so I
> just plunge to the code to seek the problem. Let me know if you found
> something.

Ok, I've checked the OpenXcap code. In backend/opensips.py I can see that a
refreshWatcherMessage is sent if application_id is either "pres-rules" or
"org.openmobilealliance.pres-rules" or "pidf-manipulation".
Indeed, when Mercuro Client log for the first time, it HTTP PUT a
org.openmobilealliance.pres-rules message (along with 2 resource-lists and 1
rls-services) which make openXcap send a refreshWatcher message.

The problem is that, when Mercuro accept to be viewed by a another contact
(after a SIP NOTIFY presence.winfo), it does not send an
org.openmobilealliance.pres-rules again. It justs add the contact in its
buddylist by sending 2 "resource-lists" (index and
properties-resource-list.xml) and obviously it doesn't make OpenXcpa to send
a refreshWatchers message.

Actualy I really wonder if the problem comes from the Mercuro Bronze
4.0.1624.0 client. But due to my misknowledge of xcap, I'm unable to
determine.

Could somebody point me a simple explanation of this technology ?