[OpenSIPS-Users] New features in BLF and presence

Anca Vamanu anca at opensips.org
Tue Apr 20 12:26:48 CEST 2010

Iñaki Baz Castillo wrote:
> Let me a question:
>
> In case the INVITE has a SDP just containing a MSRP path (without
> "audio"/"video"), would also the pua_dialog generate a "ringing"
> dialog-info Publish?
> This is, if Alice starts a MSRP messaging session with Bob, would
> Carol see both Alice and Bob with activity "On the phone"?  :)

Hi Inaki,

Yes, it will.
In fact what happens is that the dialog module will trigger the
pua_dialoginfo callback for created dialog and pua_dialoginfo will
generate a Publish with state trying. The dialoginfo - presence
translation feature in presence module will then generate a presence
publish with substatus ringing.
The pua_dialoginfo doesn't do any check of the SIP message and assumes
that if the dialoginfo_set function has been called from the script,
then it should generated dialog publications for that dialog.The problem
is that the MSRP offers are also carried in SDP bodies so it is hard to
check this from the script and not call dialoginfo_set for those Invites.
I think that somewhere in this path a check should be added to prevent
generating dialog info and presence publications for MSRP Invites.
Probably either by writing a function to be called from script like
is_msrp() or doing the check in pua_dialoginfo.

Anca Vamanu
www.voice-system.ro