[OpenSIPS-Users] Question Regarding Watchers table.

calment c.jeanne at astellia.com
Fri Apr 16 15:17:28 CEST 2010

I've set up both an OpenXcap and OpenSips 1.6 server to manage presence. I
use the Mercuro Bronze client to manage my contact list and store it in the
xcap server. I would like to use the watcher mechanism in order to allow or
disallow a peer to view my presence.

When I connect the client to my infrastructure with a new sip account, it
tries to get its informations from xcap table through HTTP GET but obviously
there is nothing about it (first session). Therefore it uses HTTP POST to
ask OpenXcap to INSERT into xcap table 2 RLS_SERVICES, 1 PIDF_MANIPULATION
and 1 RESOURCE_LIST. When it's done I can see an XMLRPC refreshWatchers
message sent to OpenSips server and that is what I expect.

But, this is the only refreshWatchers message I get! Even if the client
perfoms changes in the xcap document, no new XMLRPC message is sent anymore!
To clarify : I log a second user (Bob) and I add Alice in my contact list
thus OpenXcap modify xcap table in database. A SIP NOTIFY presence.winfo
message is sent to Alice and she accepts Bob to watch her status by
modifying her xcap document. But once it's done, the expected XMLRPC
refreshWatcher is not sent ever.
This is a major isue because OpenSips is never aware that Alice has accepted
and do not send NOTFY to Bob (a least until SUBSCRIPTION is redone and xcap
table is read once again by OpenSips).

Is my analysis correct ? Is there a specific configuration to do ?
Is there any known isues in OpenXcap that could explain my problem?

My openxcap.cfg :

[Server]
address = 192.168.150.15
port = 80
root = http://xcap.open-ims.test/xcap-root
backend = OpenSIPS
document_validation = Yes

[Logging]
log_stacktrace=500
log_stacktrace=any
log_response_body=400,409
log_request_headers=401

[Authentication]
type = basic
cleartext_passwords = Yes
default_realm = open-ims.test
trusted_peers = 192.168.3.87, 192.168.3.124, 192.168.2.7

[TLS]

[Database]
authentication_db_uri =
mysql://opensips:opensipsrw@presence.open-ims.test/opensips