[OpenSIPS-Users] Strange username registration

Douglas Lane doug at wd.co.za
Tue Apr 6 22:59:47 CEST 2010

Hi All,

I'm not 100% sure on the below problem, which is why I have resorted to
asking the user list, as I've searched around but come up with nothing.

I have opensips 1.6.1 configured and running nicely in multi-domain mode
(and yes, its doing the correct things). However, recently I noticed a
"bug" in my registration which didn't really seem to bother me till I
noticed it wasn't picked up by the billing server.

My clients register as username [at] domain [dot] com, which works
perfectly. CDRTool then checks the billing party portion, and bills
accordingly.

Recently, I've noticed the odd client registering as username [at]
domain [dot] com [at] domain [dot] com. This causes a problem in the
billing server, as it tries to find subscriber username [at] domain
[dot] com [at] domain [dot] com instead of username [at] domain [dot] com

So I guess the question is, how can I ensure that a registration and
invite contain only the username [at] domain [dot] com portion. I'm
thinking I'll need to do fancy rewrites on OpenSIPS as I don't have
control over the end clients and their hardware.

I look forward to the advise.

Thanks
Doug