[OpenSIPS-Users] Presence and Linksys phones - not working 1.6.1

Angel Marin anmar at anmar.eu.org
Mon Apr 5 09:52:37 CEST 2010

On 03/04/10 01:40, James Lamanna wrote:
> On Fri, Apr 2, 2010 at 4:52 AM, Anca Vamanu <anca at opensips.org> wrote:
>> Hi James,
>>
>> I think that the problem is with those Notifies without a body sent by
>> OpenSIPS when the phone was started. This is normal behavior, correct
>> and conform RFC - when the presence server does not have any record for
>> that presentity - it includes no body. But since you say that Linksys
>> does not like this and since it was not that difficult to change, I just
>> committed a patch that sends a Notify with an empty dialoginfo tuple as
>> body when no published record is found. Please upgrade from svn and test
>> this case again.
>
> Hi Anca,
> I saw your patch and upgraded to the SVN 1.6 branch.
> However, I do not believe I ever hit that code path.
> In my debug logs I see "No record exists in hash table" (notify.c:853).
> I'm not sure if fallback2db is true, but I don't think it is, so I
> never make it to that codepath.

Give the attached patch a shot, it should do what you're looking for.

Though I'm not sure generating an empty dialog without a presence entry
is the correct approach, I mean, the monitored extension is not there,
so why not hint it as a blinking light? In a cold start scenario, it'll
go green once your re-subscribe time comes, so set it to a couple
minutes or lower in the phone and you'll be good to go.

--
Angel Marin
http://anmar.eu.org/