[OpenSIPS-Users] [OpenSip] Registration

Bogdan-Andrei Iancu bogdan at voice-system.ro
Thu Apr 1 12:33:26 CEST 2010

Hi,

Chandrakant Solanki wrote:
> Hi All
>
> I am using OpenSIP 1.6.2.
>
> I would like to register 20 Million users on OpenSip..
>
> Question ...
>
> 1] How many registration is possible ? Is it possible to register 20
> Million users on 1 OpenSip Server.
theoretically you can put 20 M of users if you have 6-8 G of RAM (to
cache all the data). Also, starting with 1.6, opensips has a performant
usrloc storage (trees based and not simply list) - see
http://www.opensips.org/Resources/TestsUsrloc

So, if you have enough memory, it should work.

> 2] How many simultaneous call will be processed at a time.
if you do not use the dialog module, opensips is not dialog statefull,
but only transaction stateful, so it really does not care of how many
ongoing calls are.

What it cares is the number of Call Per Second (like how many calls are
set in each second) - and how many can be set, depends on the complexity
of your script - very simple scripts can handle even several thousands
of CPS.
> 3] And what about Voice Quality.??
media is not going through opensips (which is a signalling SIP server).
> 4] Is it working on Multi processor.??
sure it does - and it can take advantage of it as it is a multi-process
application.

www.voice-system.ro