[OpenSIPS-Users] Diameter

Bogdan-Andrei Iancu bogdan at voice-system.ro
Tue Sep 22 13:17:45 CEST 2009

Hi Ghaith,

Ghaith ALKAYYEM wrote:
> Hello lists,
>
> I'm interested in AAA functions according to Diameter which is newer
> than Radius.

yes, the new AAA interface will simplify a lot the addition of DIAMETER
in OpenSIPS. All modules using the AAA interface will be automatically
able to use the DIAMETER support.
> There's a module in OpenSIPS which is called "AUTH_DIAMETER Module" and
> it's mentioned that this module is obsolete.
yes ,it is obsolete as it is using an old and obsolete DIAMETER
client-server implementation (DISC).

> So I'd like your
> recommendations about this matter, should I work from the scratch to
> develop something that does this functionalities or is it possible to
> integrate other open source software with OpenSIPS.

Our plan is to use some opensource libraries to build a DIAMETER
(aaa_diameter module)  implementation for the AAA API in OpenSIPS. We
tried to evaluate opendiameter project for this
(http://www.opendiameter.org/)