[OpenSIPS-Users] Opensips get "slow" when the syslog is enable.

Brett Nemeroff brett at nemeroff.com
Tue Sep 22 02:21:19 CEST 2009

Noel,I get the same thing. I think this is normal behavior. The issue is the
i/o bottleneck writing the data to the hard drive. You can watch this
activity with vmstat 1

To really get the most performance possible, I normally turn my non critical
logging off entirely.

5cps however is pretty low but it, of course, depends entirely upon your
application.
-Brett