[OpenSIPS-Users] Is there a way to share transactions between opensips?

Stanisław Pitucha viraptor at gmail.com
Mon Sep 21 21:24:41 CEST 2009

2009/9/21 Noel R. Morais <noelrocha at gmail.com>:
> I'm using the kernel IPVS and keepalived for healthcheck.
>
> I couldn't find a way to make sure that the ACK will go to the same
> server that generated the INVITE. :(
>
> Thanks for your help Brett, I will keep looking for some solution.

A general question for a start - why do you want to load-balance the
traffic? Are you hitting the limit of what one host can do, or is it
for redundancy?

If it's for redundancy... don't ;) Setting up 2 opensips servers with
a simple ip failover gives you a lot less headache than any external
load-balanced solution. (many phones are not clever enough and they
have problem with receiving packets coming from *the other* server)
If it's because you *really* cannot handle all the traffic on one
host, then look at balancing on the client side via SRV records. In my
experience you'll get a distribution like 33/66 % between two servers.
Maybe that will be enough for you?

--
KTHXBYE,

Stanisław Pitucha, Gradwell Voip Engineer