[OpenSIPS-Users] Media Proxy: Strange behaviour...

Dan Pascu dan at ag-projects.com
Sat Sep 19 09:10:46 CEST 2009

On 18 Sep 2009, at 18:57, Mauro Davì wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> I don't know where is the problem, also if it isn't a great problem...
>
> I'm using opensips in a multi-proxy environment, where there is a
> SIP Proxy (Load Balancer) that balance the incoming traffic on more
> than one SIP Server or SIP Registrar (based on the SIP message
> tipology).
>
> Now I have two UA connected behind a NAT (the two UA are connected
> via two different ADSL connection, in particular one is connected
> via Fastweb an Italian telecommunication operator).
>
> When one of the UA start a Dialog (i.e. send the INVITE), all the
> signallig goes well and also the RTP Audio stream is ok (i.e. I can
> speak and listen on both the UA).
>
> There is only a little strange behaviour, the Media Proxy send the
> first RTP packet (only the first) to the private IP address assigned
> to the UA that is connected throw the fastweb network...
>
> Anyone could give me same suggestion on why there is this
> "spourious" packet, and how I can correct this?

Until it learns both endpoints and is able to establish a conntrack
rule for forwarding the stream, mediaproxy forwards the data in
userspace to whatever address was learns from the SDP, in order to
avoid deadlocking in case multiple media relays are chained. However
it should only forward if the endpoint has a publicly routable address
because only then it is sure to reach them. It does not attempt to
send to endpoints with private (as in rfc1918) addresses.

--
Dan