[OpenSIPS-Users] Access to Radius AVP's and "radius_extra" parameter

John Quick John.Quick at smartvox.co.uk
Tue Sep 8 16:43:58 CEST 2009

I have been experimenting with Radius authentication on an older version of OpenSIPS (actually my test
unit has OpenSER v1.3.2, but I don't think it will be much different to 1.5.x for this). I want to be
able to read several values returned from the Radius server. Is this what the modparam "radius_extra"
is for? Or is it to allow extra values to be passed to the Radius server for accounting?

My Radius server is configured to return three AVP's like this:
Reply-Message = "Opensips rules!",
Sip-RPId = sip:123456 at mysip.com,
SIP-AVP = "#14:012345 at mynumber.biz"

Using Wireshark, I can see that the values are all being sent back to the OpenSIPS server, but I have
only had success in accessing the value in SIP-AVP. Is there a trick to this or are those other values
unavailable in the OpenSIPS script?

Is the functionality I'm looking for only available in the new AAA modules?

John Quick
Smartvox Limited
Web: www.smartvox.co.uk

Smartvox is a limited company, registered in England and Wales, number 5005263.
Registered office: Spectrum House, Dunstable Road, Redbourn, St.Albans, Herts AL3 7PR