[OpenSIPS-Users] No solution with asterisk possible? New feature in TM? Re: parallel forking and CANCEL/BYE

Iñaki Baz Castillo ibc at aliax.net
Fri Oct 23 11:51:38 CEST 2009

El Jueves, 22 de Octubre de 2009, Bogdan-Andrei Iancu escribió:

> Such a feature is possible to do in TM (technically speaking) , but my
> doubt is if this is the correct thing to do - because as you said, more
> or less is not the job of a proxy to sort out such situation (even if it
> can ;) ).
>
> So the question actually is: do we want to be rigorous about what we
> should or should not do, or we want to add some extra options to to help
> with interoperability of some broken/stupid entities??
>
> Blue pill ? Red pill ?? :D

IMHO a proxy shouldn't behave as a UAC. Perhaps it can monitor dialogs and so
because this features just requires requests inspection, there is no intrusion
(adding a Record-Route parameter is not intrusion XD).
But behaving as an UAC is 100% intrusion.

Yes, OpenSIPS is very flexible and can be used to solve some UA problems, but
the proxy shouldn't be the key for this purpose (IMHO).

--
Iñaki Baz Castillo <ibc at aliax.net>