[OpenSIPS-Users] CDRTool Location via GeoIP

Jeff Pyle jpyle at fidelityvoice.com
Mon Oct 19 22:23:40 CEST 2009

Adrian,

A yahoo.com IP address lookup via the free library:

$ geoiplookup -f /usr/local/share/GeoIP/GeoLiteCity.dat 69.147.114.224
GeoIP City Edition, Rev 1: US, CA, Sunnyvale, 94089, 37.424900, -122.007401,
807, 408

As I understand it, the commercial version gets you more precision and more
data, but the free version is rather nice all by its free self.

I ran this on the same box as Opensips.  CDRTool is on another machine.
Nothing from Maxmind is installed yet on that machine since there's nothing
in the CDRTool docs saying which libraries and/or APIs are required.  So,
which ones are required?

- Jeff