[OpenSIPS-Users] An Old OpenSER Error For A New OpenSIPS User

Kemp, Larry Larry.Kemp at usmetrotel.com
Tue Oct 13 22:55:55 CEST 2009

I am certain for anyone experienced this is an easy fix, so help me out OpenSIPS community.
I am using OpenSER Source 1.2.2 on Linux version 2.6.26-2-686 (Debian 2.6.26-19) (gcc version 4.1.3 20080704 (prerelease) (Debian 4.1.2-25)).
I am using Flavio's book. On page 100 (Adding Authentication with MySQL) at step 4 it states:
Configure two user accounts using the openserctl utility.
/sbin/openserctl add 1000 password 1000 at voffice.com.br (mydomain.com)
/sbin/openserctl add 1001 password 1001 at voffice.com.br (mydomain.com)

In either instance the system returns:
            Database 'MYSQL' loaded
            Control engine 'FIFO' loaded
            is_user: user counter=0
            check_db_alias: alias counter=0
            ERROR 1045 (28000): Access denied for user 'openser'@'localhost' (using password: YES)
            or
            ERROR 1054 (42S22) at line 1: Unknown column 'phplib_id' in 'field list'
ERROR: introducing the new user'1000' to the database failed

I have verified that the users openser, openserro and root have the correct passwords to access the MySQL database named openser (as one forum stated it was a password issue). I have tried several changes to the file /etc/openser/openserctlrc as several online forums indicated this was the issue. I have found this listed in many online forums but I have not been able to fix this trying several of the things that are mentioned.

Can anyone on this users at lists.opensips.org please advise me? I am using OpensSER 1.2.2 as that is what the book I have procured indicates to use and I want to strictly follow what Flavio's book states to use. Thanks in advance.

Respectfully,

Larry Kemp
Network Engineer
U.S. Metropolitan Telecom, LLC