[OpenSIPS-Users] OpenSIPS - OpenXCAP integration

Iñaki Baz Castillo ibc at aliax.net
Mon Oct 12 12:23:38 CEST 2009

El Domingo, 11 de Octubre de 2009, Sanjeev BA escribió:
> Hi,
>
> I have successfully been able to test opensips with openxcap. XCAP
>  documents are modified and subscribe/notify/watcher procedures are fine
>  with third party SIP clients. I am in the process of testing my presence
>  user agent in this setup. While trying to add a new contact, I get a 401
>  unauthorized response.

The 401 sent by OpenXCAP is wrong as it has a malformed "WWW-Authenticate"
header:
  http://openxcap.org/ticket/121

Perhaps it works with some devices/softphones ignoring the invalid "\n"
character in "opaque" field. However a HTTP strict client will fail (as
EyeBeam does).

Anyhow it seems that nobody cares this bug (no response, comment or bug
confirmation in 3 months). I tryed to find it but I haven't good Python
skills.

As a dirty workaround you can use Basic authentication. However note that some
clients (as EyeBeam) don't support Basic authentication.

Regards.

--
Iñaki Baz Castillo <ibc at aliax.net>