[OpenSIPS-Users] Core dump on xl_get_pai in Openser 1.2.2

Marcello Lupo mlist at itspecialist.it
Wed Nov 25 18:34:35 CET 2009

Hi to all,
i write to this list because i hope some developer that follwed the OpenSer development can help me.
Any way we are starting to move to OpenSIPS 1.6 now but it will require time because of many changes around.
I implemented the P-Asserted-Identity and P-Preferred-Identity Header management on our OpenSer 1.2.2.
On the development server all is working properly but when i activate the new config on our production system i start to get crashes of the openser process:

openser[31483]: segfault at 0000000000000000 rip 0000000000487853 rsp 00007fff94c9f1a0 error 4
openser[6511]: segfault at 0000000000000025 rip 00000000004214ce rsp 00007fff80f05480 error 4
openser[8967] general protection rip:4214ce rsp:7fff05fbb530 error:0
openser[9872] general protection rip:4214ce rsp:7fffd2b630d0 error:0

I checked the core dump with gdb and i have this info from the core:

Core was generated by `/usr/sbin/openser'.
Program terminated with signal 11, Segmentation fault.
#0  xl_get_pai (msg=0x2b4ad9030d00, res=0x7fffd2b63190, param=<value optimized out>, flags=<value optimized out>) at items.c:1050
1050	    res->rs.len = get_pai(msg)->uri.len;

We are using the 1.2.2 version and i know it is quite old but i like to understand if it happen for some known bug or if i made something wrong.
For the moment is not possible for us to manage the upgrade to a newer version of the proxy till we will not have it redundant on another location.
Thank you for help.

More information about the Users mailing list